I have never once regretted my decision to become a dentist, because every day I am given the opportunity to meet so many new and interesting people while providing them with the sort of dental care that greatly improves their health and quality of life. Over the years, I have seen many cases, and no matter how complex or dire a patient’s dental situation may be, I know that there is always hope.
The relationships that I build with my patients are key: earning a patient’s trust is critical in my ability to help the person obtain the care he or she needs for a lifetime of beautiful and healthy smiles.
Education and Continuing Education
It is important that my practice stays on the cutting edge of all the evolving trends, treatments, and techniques in the dental field. For this reason, continuing education isn’t an option; it’s a necessity. Each year, I attend many courses, seminars, and study groups that cover unique areas of study, and our whole team is required to attend continuing education courses to ensure that every person in my practice is highly skilled, proficient, professional, and at the top of the game. We do all of this for the benefit of our patients because we want nothing but the best for each of them.
- American Dental Association
- Ohio Dental Association
- North Central Ohio Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Orthodontic Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crown Council
- Pride Institute, alumnus
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Alumni Association, lifetime member
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
In the Community
Giving back to my community is one of the greatest ways that I can say thank you to the people who have so greatly blessed me.
- Past member of Cancer Services board member and president: This is a local nonprofit that helps people with cancer in a variety of ways
- Past member of Zonta Club of Greater Sandusky: an organization dedicated to elevating the status of women worldwide and is involved in many local programs and charities, including Make a Smile
- Firelands Symphony Orchestra, past president of the board of directors
- Dental Options through the ODA: a program that delivers discounted and donated dental care to those in need
- Give Kids a Smile: a program through the ADA that offers free dental cleanings, X-rays, examinations, and fluoride treatments
- We are proud to be part of the Smiles For Life campaign which raises funds through teeth whitening for seriously ill, disabled, and underprivileged children—both locally and around the world.
Outside of the office
I was born in Cleveland but grew up in Troy, Ohio. I have been happy to call Huron home since 2001, and the people of this community really make this area such an amazing place to live. My husband Jim and I have two daughters: Indira and Sofia. In 2015 we welcomed our dog Josie and then Maggie May! They are such a joy to our family.
I love spending as much time as I can with my amazing family. When I’m not in the office or with my family, I enjoy working out, reading, and being at our cabin in central Pennsylvania. In the summer, we love spending time on Lake Erie and at the pool.
I am passionate about my family, my patients, the arts, and staying healthy.