It seems like our last week's post was so long ago. But only 7 days ago, we changed. Our world changed. Our expectations changed. Our daily lives changed.
Under new restrictions due to COVID and its spread, our office is now closed. We're only open for emergency appointments through the end of March, 2020.
But after March. Then what. We're not sure. Doctors aren't sure. Our government isn't sure. So while we wait. We have some reminders for us all. As we wait and watch, as we try to keep moving ahead, physically, mentally, emotionally and financially--and it will at times feel like it's at a snail pace---not fast enough, be present. Haven't we been moving at lightning speed for longer than we can remember?
We continue to receive updates and information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and containment recommendations for Ohio and the United States. It’s our top priorities to support the containment of the COVID-19 virus by adhering to federal and state health mandates, and protect the health and well-being of our staff, patients and community.
Two weeks ago, the Ohio Department of Public Health and the Ohio State Dental Board are recommending that dentists take precautionary measures by postponing elective surgery for patients if it does not put patient's health in danger.
What can you do now?
• Please continue to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and floss daily.
• Strive for good self-care practices during this time. Getting fresh air, eating right, and getting proper rest will help support a healthy immune system.
• Walking (if able) can help mental, emotional and physical well-being.
• Social distancing prevents physical connection, but doesn’t have to restrict emotional connection---use your phone and connect with loved ones, by email, text or even better, make that call!
• Share encouragement, hope, humor and love.
• Remind yourself and others with daily positive affirmations.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility. Together, we can. Be well!
Dr. Lata, Dr. K and Staff